Servings 6 people
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g chorizo skinned and diced
- 2 onions peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 potatoes maris piper or similar, peeled and cut into small dice
- 1.5 l chicken stock
- 200 g kale finely chopped
- 200 ml creme fraiche optional
Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the diced sausage and cook for about two minutes, then add the onions, garlic and bay leaf. Season and cook until the onions are soft. Stir in the potatoes and sweat for a few minutes, stirring so they don’t stick. Pour in the stock or water, and simmer gently on a low heat until the potatoes are soft.
Add the kale and simmer for a few minutes. Remove the bay leaf, take the pot off the heat and blend smooth with a stick blender. Stir in the creme fraiche if using.