Portuguese “African” Rice
- 1 onion small, peeled and sliced
- 1 red chilli diced
- 1 clove garlic diced
- 150 g cooked carolino rice or risotto/paella rice
- 20 g frozen peas
- 10 g parsley roughly chopped
- 40 g oyster mushrooms roughly torn into strips
- 1 tsp tarragon leaves roughly chopped
- 20 ml white wine
- 10 g mushroom ketchup or miso paste
- 5 ml lemon juice
- 30 ml olive oil
Heat olive oil in a (preferably non-stick) frying pan.
Add the sliced onion and sauté until translucent.
Add oyster mushrooms and sauté for 1 minute to give a little colour.
Add the diced red chilli and garlic. Sauté for a further 1 minute.
Add white wine and reduce. Add tarragon.
Add cooked rice.
Add mushroom ketchup.
Once all ingredients are piping hot, add peas and half of the parsley.
Garnish with lemon juice and remaining parsley.