Servings 20 Biscuits
- 100 g rolled oats
- 50 g bran flakes roughly crushed
- 90 g desicated coconut
- 185 g plain flour
- 100 g caster sugar
- 40 g light brown sugar
- 100 g rasins
- 160 g butter
- 60 g honey
- 45 ml water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 170º C.
- Line a 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, bran flakes, coconut, flour, sugars and raisins.
- Heat the butter, honey and water in a small saucepan.
- Once the butter starts bubbling, add the bicarbonate of soda and stir briskly for about 15 seconds before pouring into the dry ingredients and mixing to combine.
- Form the mix into balls of about 40g each and place on the baking tray 5cm apart.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until golden. Cool for several minutes on the tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.