Chocolate, Tahini and Rye Cookies
Servings 20 cookies
- 200 g plain white flour
- 50 g wholegrain rye flour
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 130 g unsalted butter
- 40 g tahini
- 250 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt plus more to scatter over
- 2 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 2 eggs whisked
- 175 g dark chocolate chopped into small pieces
- 150 g peacan nuts lightly roasted and chopped
- Heat the oven to 190C (170C fan)/375F/gas 5 and line three baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Put the flours and baking powder in a bowl, and stir to combine. Put the butter, tahini, sugar, salt and vanilla in a pan and melt over a medium heat. Transfer to a large bowl and leave to cool for a minute or two, then add the eggs and whisk quickly, until everything comes together into a thick, glossy mixture. Stir in the flour mix, chocolate and pecan nuts, until everything is just combined.
- Divide the mixture into 20 equal portions, about 52g per cookie. Roll into balls and put them on the trays with at least 6cm between them. Lightly flatten the balls and bake for 10–11 minutes, until the cookies have crisp edges and slightly soft centres.