Asparagus, Pine Nuts, Chilli and Pecorino Pasta
Servings 2 people
- 200 g pasta spaghetti or linguine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g asparagus chopped into large pieces (2cm maybe)
- 1 clove garlic finely sliced
- 30 g pine nuts toasted
- 0.5 lemon zested and juiced
- 30 g pecorino grated
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 0.5 tsp chilli flakes
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain and reserve 50ml of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the asparagus tips and cook over a gentle heat for about 3–4 minutes until they start to soften. Add the garlic and chilli flakes and cook for a few seconds. Stir in the pine nuts and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the drained pasta to the pan and toss well. Then add the lemon zest and juice, the reserved cooking liquid, a pinch of salt and a good grind of black pepper. Toss in the pecorino and parsley and serve.