Source: Everyday Super Food
Chicken & Roasted Squash Laksa Bake
Servings 2 people
- 1 stick lemongrass bashed
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 3 cm ginger peeled
- 2 chillies
- 1 shallot peeled
- 20 g fresh coriander leaves and stalks
- 20 g creamed coconut
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 20 ml hot water
- 700 ml chicken stock
- 150 g brown rice
- 4 chicken thighs bone in
- 600 g butternut squash chopped into 2cm cubes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- Add the creamed coconut to a bowl along with the hot water and stir until dissolved and then add to a food processor along with all the other laksa paste ingredients and blitz until smooth adding some extra water if required.
- Add the chicken and squash to a bowl and then cover with the laksa paste and massage it in.
- Pour the stock and rice into an ovenproof casserole dish and then add the chicken making sure it is skin side up.
- Bake for 70 minutes and then serve.