Cornbread, Cheese, Sundried Tomato and Jalapeño Muffins
Servings 12 muffins
- 250 g frozen corn kernels defrosted
- 200 g polenta quick-cook
- 50 g chedder cheese grated
- 300 ml buttermilk
- 80 g unsalted butter melted
- 3 jalapeños roughly chopped, about 20g
- 30 g sundried tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 spring onion roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic peeled and crushed
- 0.75 tsp baking powder
- 0.75 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Blend the corn kernels, eggs and butter together in a food processor and then transfer to a mixing bowl, add all the other ingredients and stir until combined.
- Heat the oven to 180C (fan) and grease a muffin tin. Fill the muffin holes in the tin with the mixture (they should be almost full) and bake for about 25 minutes.