Creamy Sausage and Broccoli Pasta
Servings 2 people
- 200 g purple sprouting broccoli
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 0.25 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 150 g sausage meat or 2 sausages
- 50 ml white wine
- 100 ml double cream
- 20 g parmesan grated
- 150 g pasta
- Chop the heads off of the broccoli and chop the stems into 2cm long pieces. Add the florets and stem pieces to a pan of boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes until tender. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and add the pasta. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan warm the olive oil over a medium heat and gently fry the chilli and the garlic until fragrant.
- Crumble the sausage meat into the pan and stir until the meat is brown all over. Add the wine, raise the heat and let the pan bubble for few minutes until the wine has evaporated away. Add the cooked broccoli and stir.
- Once the pasta is done use a slotted spoon, lift the cooked pasta, and the residual water that clings to it, into the frying pan. Add the cheese and then the cream, stir to combine and then serve.