Source: Cinnamon and chilli braised beef
Gochujang Braised Beef
Servings 6 people
- 700 g beef shin cut into 2cm cubes
- 3 tbsp peanut oil
- 6 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 6 shallots sliced
- 3 cm ginger finely chopped
- 2 tbso gochujang
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 1 l chicken stock
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 1 tsp sugar
- Add the oil to a heavy bottomed pan and brown the beef on a medium heat in batches and then set aside.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook the shallots for 5 minutes then add the garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the gochujang and miso and cook for a minute and then add all the other ingredients.
- Cover the pot with a lid and cook on a low heat for 1.5 hours then remove the lid and cook for a further 1.5 hours until the sauce has reduced down nicely and the meat is tender.