Source: Key lime pie
Key Lime Pie
Servings 12 slices
- 300 g Hob Nobs
- 90 g butter multed
- 397 g condensed milk 1 can
- 3 egg yolks medium
- 4 limes zested and juiced
- Heat the oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3.
- Mix with 90g melted butter and press into the base and up the sides of a 22cm loose-based tart tin. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and cool.
- Put 3 medium egg yolks in a large bowl and whisk for a minute with electric beaters.
- Add a can of condensed milk and whisk for 3 minutes, then add the finely grated zest and juice of 4 limes and whisk again for 3 minutes.
- Pour the filling into the cooled base then put back in the oven for 15 minutes. Cool then chill for at least 3 hours or overnight if you like. When you are ready to serve, carefully remove the pie from the tin and put on a serving plate.