Portuguese “African” Rice
Servings 2 people
- 1 onion small, peeled and sliced
- 1 red chilli diced
- 1 clove garlic diced
- 150 g carolino rice cooked, or risotto/paella rice
- 20 g frozen peas
- 10 g parsley roughly chopped
- 40 g oyster mushrooms roughly torn into stripsv
- 1 tsp tarragon leaves roughly chopped
- 20 ml white wine
- 10 g mushroom ketchup or miso paste
- 5 ml lemon juice
- 30 ml olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a (preferably non-stick) frying pan.
- Add the sliced onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add oyster mushrooms and sauté for 1 minute to give a little colour.
- Add the diced red chilli and garlic. Sauté for a further 1 minute.
- Add white wine and reduce. Add tarragon.
- Add cooked rice.
- Add mushroom ketchup.
- Once all ingredients are piping hot, add peas and half of the parsley.
- Garnish with lemon juice and remaining parsley.