Source: Easy Portuguese Rolls
Servings 12 rolls
- 180 g water warm
- 140 g milk
- 20 g butter
- 7 g yeast instant
- 7 g sugar
- 500 g bread flour
- 7 g salt
- Add the milk, water, sugar and yeast to your mixing bowl and let stand for 5 minutes for the the yeast to activate.
- Add flour, butter and salt and mix in your stand mixer for 5 to 10 minutes until you have a soft dough. This dough is going to have a smoother softer texture than normal bread dough because of the addition of milk and butter.
- Tip dough out into a oiled bowl and cover with cling film or a clean tea towel. Let stand in a warm spot for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour split dough into 12 equal peices and roll them into balls. Pinch each side for that traditional look and place them on to a lined baking sheet.
- Slash each piece of dough with a sharp knife and cover with a clean tea towel for another hour. Meanwhile pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees f (190 degrees c).
- Once rolls have doubled in size sprinkle with flour and bake in the centre of the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until brown.
- Transfer to a cooling rack. Best served warm or cool completely for storage.