Warm Butter Bean Salad with Green Olives and Tomatoes
Servings 3 people
- 10 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and finely sliced
- 250 g tomatoes cut into small pieces
- 2 tins butter beans drained
- 2 tsp red-wine vinegar
- 80 g green olives pitted
- 2 tbsp capers
- dill small bunch, roughly chopped
- 100 g feta
- 200 g sausage cooked and chopped
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan over a medium-low heat, add the onion and cook for 10-15 minutes until soft and sweet but not coloured. Add the garlic and cook for another three to four minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and butterbeans, stir and leave to warm a little, then take off the heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Add eight tablespoons of olive oil, the vinegar, olives, capers, dill and a good couple of pinches of salt to the beans and mix well. Add the chopped sausage if using. Taste, adding more salt, oil, vinegar as needed, until balanced.
- Crumbled the feta over, serve alongside flatbreads or chunks of bread for dabbing up juices left in the bowl