Roasted Celeriac Soup
Servings 4 people
- 1 kg celeriac peeled and chopped into 2cm cubes
- 500 g potatoes peeled and chopped into 2cm cubes
- 2 carrots chopped into 2cm cubes
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 5 sprigs rosemary
- 1.5 l vegetable stock
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C. Peel the celeriac and potatoes and then along with the carrots chop into 2cm cubes. Put the chopped vegetables on a roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil and add salt and pepper then roast for 35 minutes.
- When the vegetables are cooked remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly. Meanwhile fry the onions in a heavy bottomed pan in some butter for 5 minutes until soft and golden and then add the garlic and the sprigs of rosemary and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the rosemary sprigs and add the roasted vegetables and the vegetable stock. Mix together and allow to cool slightly and then add to a blender and blend until smooth.