Thai Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
Servings 4 people
- 1 sweet potato large, cut into 1cm cubes
- 3 carrots diced
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 cm ginger finely chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 handful coriander roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 400 ml coconut milk
- Add the oil and onions to a heavy bottomed pan and fry for 3 minutes until softened then add the garlic and cook for a minute and add the ginger and cook for another minute.
- Add the carrot, sweet potato and Thai curry paste and fry for a minute then add the coconut milk, stock and fish sauce and cook for 30 minutes.
- Take off the heat, leave to cool for 5 minutes and then blend. Stir in the lime juice, serve and scatter over the coriander leaves.