Medjool Date, Honey and Macadamia Breakfast Loaf
Servings 12 people
- 150 ml milk whole
- 110 g honey
- 50 g butter salted
- 280 g self-raising flour
- 200 g sugar
- 2 oranges zested
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 200 g medjool dates pitted, roughly chopped
- 130 g macadamia nuts
- 2 eggs
- 50 g macadamia nuts
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- Heat your oven to 160C fan/gas mark 4. Line a 2lb (21cm * 11cm * 7cm) with a sheet of baking paper.
- Place the milk, honey and butter in a small pan and heat gently until the butter has melted. In the meantime, mix the rest of the ingredients apart from the eggs, in a large bowl.
- Pour in the melted butter mixture and use a large spoon to stir until just combined. Add the eggs and stir again until fully combined.
- Transfer to the baking tin, top with the 50g of macadamia nuts and sprinkle with the demerara sugar. Bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes.
- Open the oven and rotate the cake for an even bake, then leave for a further 20-25 minutes. It should feel lovely and bouncy when you press it.