Rhubarb & Custard Blondies
Servings 12 people
- 200 g butter unsalted, room temperature
- 250 g white granulated sugar
- 125 g plain flour
- 75 g custard powder
- 3 eggs medium
- 200 g white chocolate finely chopped
- 100 g custard
- 200 g rhubarb chopped into 2cm pieces
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 75 g caster sugar
- 3 cm ginger finely chopped
- 2 tbsp elderflower cordial
- For the rhubarb mix all the ingredients together in a tray and roast for 30 minutes at 180C.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan and line a 23cm square tin with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth. Add the eggs and beat until smooth, then add the plain flour and custard powder and beat until combined. Fold through the white chocolate chips or chunks. Pour the mixture into the tin and spread out evenly.
- Dollop the rhubarb mixture and custard over the top and swirl through slightly using a cake skewer or knife.
- Bake for 35-40 , or until there is an ever so slight wobble in the middle. Leave the blondies to cool fully in the tin before cutting into 16 squares.