Source: Chicken & chorizo paella
Prawn and Chorizo Paella
- 2 cloves garlic finely sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 70 g chorizo chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 0.5 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 100 g baby tomatoes roughly chopped
- 400 ml chicken stock
- 50 ml sherry or white wine
- 50 g frozen peas
- 100 g frozen prawns
- 1 lemon half juiced, half sliced into wedges
- 150 g paella rice
- Add some olive oil to a frying pan and on a medium heat and then add the onion, after 2 minutes add the chorizo and then after another 2 minutes add the garlic and 2 minutes later add the paprika and thyme.
- Add the rice and cook for a minute and then add the sherry and cook until it has all evaporated and then add the tomatoes, tomato puree and the stock. Cover the pan with with a lid a leave to simmer for 15 minutes adding a splash of water if needed.
- Stir in the peas and prawns, replace the lid, and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until hot through.
- Add the lemon juice and serve along with additional lemon wedges.